Moving to blogger
I've decided to start up a blogger account. I've had a few other blogs before: livejournal (still active but mainly private), myspace, getjealous.com (my travel blog which i abandoned many moons ago). Blogger has won out because I got a new mobile phone and I can send pictures that I take with my mobile directly to here. Pretty f'n spiffy yeh? Or at least I think I can - I'll have to give it a try.
I've just moved back to Brisbane after spending a year in the UK, mostly in Edinburgh. I'm really starting to miss it there. I'm looking around at Brisbane and all I can see is how inefficently space is being used and how the city doesn't need to be so geographically big. I'll get used it soon enough though. I've discovered through my travels that I average about 1 month to get used to a place and start to like it. Brisbane may be my home town, but it still falls into this category.
This is my 4th day back in Brisbane. One thing that I've been told is that the buses now run all night. Hourly, but still, it does present a new realm of opportunities for going out. Always been a student, I've rarely been able to afford the ridiculous taxi fare home from the city. It also makes me feel like Brisbane isn't quite the backwater hole it used to be.
I went to see a movie last night with my friend Nikki who's back in town from Japan for the next week. Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. I never saw the first one, but this one was pretty entertaining. Nikki's the only friend from high school that I've managed to stay in contact with. Partly because she literally lives about 2 mins walk on the next street, but partly because she''s such a cool chick as well - I'm going to miss not having her in Brisbane.
I've got a new mobile phone, Sony Ericsson K610i, which can do things my previous phone couldn't. Charge when it gets plugged in for one thing. Not turn itself off for no reason is another. Beyond that I'm still figuring it out...
I've been applying for work as well, seeing as i'm totally broke, in the red, fully skint. I've got an interview on Monday, and an agency interview on Tuesday morning. I was going to avoid it, but seeing as I want to start work immediately, admin temping seemed like the best way to go. My old temp agency arranged my interview for Monday, which I'm hoping will go well because it's going to be in a systems analysis team, which is an area that I would like to go into.
There's the Qld state election on the 9th September. I was told that through an old work colleague of mine who I contacted to see if she'd still be a referree for me - she works for the Dept of Justice and Attorney-General. That's Rachael. She's a great girl. So anyway I've got to get up to speed with what's going on in the state because at the moment I have nfi.
So all in all Brisbane is sunny, being early Spring it's quite a nice temperature, and life in Brisbane is starting to fall into place again. I'll be happy once I get a job, but in the meantime, chilling at home is a pretty good way to be passing the time. Still heaps of sorting through stuff and photos to keep me occupied for a while
I've just moved back to Brisbane after spending a year in the UK, mostly in Edinburgh. I'm really starting to miss it there. I'm looking around at Brisbane and all I can see is how inefficently space is being used and how the city doesn't need to be so geographically big. I'll get used it soon enough though. I've discovered through my travels that I average about 1 month to get used to a place and start to like it. Brisbane may be my home town, but it still falls into this category.
This is my 4th day back in Brisbane. One thing that I've been told is that the buses now run all night. Hourly, but still, it does present a new realm of opportunities for going out. Always been a student, I've rarely been able to afford the ridiculous taxi fare home from the city. It also makes me feel like Brisbane isn't quite the backwater hole it used to be.
I went to see a movie last night with my friend Nikki who's back in town from Japan for the next week. Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. I never saw the first one, but this one was pretty entertaining. Nikki's the only friend from high school that I've managed to stay in contact with. Partly because she literally lives about 2 mins walk on the next street, but partly because she''s such a cool chick as well - I'm going to miss not having her in Brisbane.
I've got a new mobile phone, Sony Ericsson K610i, which can do things my previous phone couldn't. Charge when it gets plugged in for one thing. Not turn itself off for no reason is another. Beyond that I'm still figuring it out...
I've been applying for work as well, seeing as i'm totally broke, in the red, fully skint. I've got an interview on Monday, and an agency interview on Tuesday morning. I was going to avoid it, but seeing as I want to start work immediately, admin temping seemed like the best way to go. My old temp agency arranged my interview for Monday, which I'm hoping will go well because it's going to be in a systems analysis team, which is an area that I would like to go into.
There's the Qld state election on the 9th September. I was told that through an old work colleague of mine who I contacted to see if she'd still be a referree for me - she works for the Dept of Justice and Attorney-General. That's Rachael. She's a great girl. So anyway I've got to get up to speed with what's going on in the state because at the moment I have nfi.
So all in all Brisbane is sunny, being early Spring it's quite a nice temperature, and life in Brisbane is starting to fall into place again. I'll be happy once I get a job, but in the meantime, chilling at home is a pretty good way to be passing the time. Still heaps of sorting through stuff and photos to keep me occupied for a while


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home