day 2 at work
Day 2 at my new job
Better today than yesterday. They finally got my login working, mostly attributed to a new IT guy doing it, rather than the guy who was working on it yesterday who was spending more time on the mobile than doing anything of value. I'm working yet again at a state government department (this appears to be part and parcel of my life in Brisbane), but this time for Main Roads, working in a new section which is dealing in systems process and integration across the department. It's an area of interest for me, so I hope that I'll get to actively contribute to it. It's only a 3 month contract, but the girl who was in the position before me was in the position for 6 weeks and was offered a project officer position. I don't know whether they'll have any such vacancies for myself, but if they do I'd be absolutely chuffed. The team there seem to be really lovely, laidback people. The director is a little on the slow side though. Not mentally, but on the speech side. I've found myself getting ever so slightly frustrated with how long it takes him to execute the process of putting words to mouth.
I had a phone call today from Intec, who I applied to last week for a graduate position, and I had a call back for a quick telephone interview. I don't think I have the technical skills for the position, but you never know. It would be good to get a graduate position with some proper training.
Better today than yesterday. They finally got my login working, mostly attributed to a new IT guy doing it, rather than the guy who was working on it yesterday who was spending more time on the mobile than doing anything of value. I'm working yet again at a state government department (this appears to be part and parcel of my life in Brisbane), but this time for Main Roads, working in a new section which is dealing in systems process and integration across the department. It's an area of interest for me, so I hope that I'll get to actively contribute to it. It's only a 3 month contract, but the girl who was in the position before me was in the position for 6 weeks and was offered a project officer position. I don't know whether they'll have any such vacancies for myself, but if they do I'd be absolutely chuffed. The team there seem to be really lovely, laidback people. The director is a little on the slow side though. Not mentally, but on the speech side. I've found myself getting ever so slightly frustrated with how long it takes him to execute the process of putting words to mouth.
I had a phone call today from Intec, who I applied to last week for a graduate position, and I had a call back for a quick telephone interview. I don't think I have the technical skills for the position, but you never know. It would be good to get a graduate position with some proper training.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home