getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dust stormy weather

We had a crazy dust storm yesterday. Absolutely mental. Check it.







Not as bad as Sydney's I don't think, but still, was pretty amazing. Orange skies in Brisbane and Sydney, bush fires in the west, earthquakes in Melbourne - one could have almost thought it was the APOCALYPSE!

Luckily the world survived, and our only battle wounds were in the form of dusty cars and floors.

This weekend is Bal on the River - the innaugural bal event in Brisbane. I'm going to venture out and have a dance this weekend. I haven't actually danced in a good few months. I'd definitely have to be pushing three months, if not longer, being without the swing. I think it'll be good fun. Even though it is a bal event. One of these days.. maybe... just maybe Brisbane will get a lindy hop event.

Other than that, busy busy. Work's had a lot on, and I finished my midsemesters on Monday. Roll on end of November! (have I said that before?)

Oh! I also bought a ticket to Sunset Sounds yesterday! Woot! Haven't been to a music festival in ages, and the lineup for this one is pretty ace. Particularly looking forward to seeing Jamie T (who just toured here, but I couldn't see because of exams), Emiliana Torrini, Art vs Science, Yeah Yeah Yeahs; and to a slightly lesser degree, Lisa Mitchell, Sarah Blasko, Moby, Hilltop Hoods, and Xavier Rudd. A mate of mine reckons Seasick Steve is great, but I've never heard of him. It'll be a day of musical discoveries!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home