getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Mark over for the weekend

I had a good weekend this weekend. I caught up with my old dance partner Mark and he stayed over at my place because he was inbetween moving from Warwick to some place called Texas. If you follow the link, and click on the link that says "Map of the Town Centre", this is what you get:

Texas town centre

Hilarious. A road and a forest is the town centre of Texas. I'm going to have to take the piss out of Mark for this.

So we watched a swing clips night, two of the clips being part of a series called Jazz, researched by Ken Burns. They were really good, and I hadn't seen them before so that was well worth it.

Saturday night we went to the city botanical gardens and watched Riverfire, which is part of the Brisbane River Festival, which has just started. I packed a bit of a picnic, and we had that, watched the fireworks, and then after that met up with Drew (another fellow swing dancer) at Southbank. We sat around chatting for a little wile, and it was a really good night.

So next week I have a job interview for Intec, so I have to go revise/learn some java now and brush up on my SQL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home