The form needs work
I must be going a bit blog crazy tonight. Two blogs in the same night. Whoa. Slow down Diane before you hurt yourself.
Anyway, I was just watching some of the clips from the comps of the Melbourne Lindy Battle, which was part of the Melbourne Swing Festival. So I'm in the clip from the Strictly Swing division (available here at a whopping 70mb), and I can't help but hate my form when I'm dancing. And I'm looking at things that I know have been wrong with my dancing for YEARS now. It bugs me.
One thing I hate, is the way I hold my left arm when I dance. It looks totally abnormal. Plus the way I cock my wrist. Not cool either.
Another thing, is the way I'm poising my legs. Those swivels need some hc attention.
And I lift my legs far too high in certain kicky moves that make me look like I'm trying way too hard.
The clip unfortunately is from a side-on angle, and isn't the best vantage point, and despite the crappiness of my form, it's good to watch, and good to watch all of the others for that matter too. I don't know what all the fuss is about when people complain about when they have clips of themselves up there for the dancing community to look at. If they're in a competition or a performance, expect to be filmed. That's just the way it is. Swing Patrol even tried to make a profit out of it by charging people $10 if they wanted to film at the comp. I paid the $10, but then my memory card ran out of memory and I couldn't get it all anyway. But as I said, good thing other people did.
Anyway, I was just watching some of the clips from the comps of the Melbourne Lindy Battle, which was part of the Melbourne Swing Festival. So I'm in the clip from the Strictly Swing division (available here at a whopping 70mb), and I can't help but hate my form when I'm dancing. And I'm looking at things that I know have been wrong with my dancing for YEARS now. It bugs me.
One thing I hate, is the way I hold my left arm when I dance. It looks totally abnormal. Plus the way I cock my wrist. Not cool either.
Another thing, is the way I'm poising my legs. Those swivels need some hc attention.
And I lift my legs far too high in certain kicky moves that make me look like I'm trying way too hard.
The clip unfortunately is from a side-on angle, and isn't the best vantage point, and despite the crappiness of my form, it's good to watch, and good to watch all of the others for that matter too. I don't know what all the fuss is about when people complain about when they have clips of themselves up there for the dancing community to look at. If they're in a competition or a performance, expect to be filmed. That's just the way it is. Swing Patrol even tried to make a profit out of it by charging people $10 if they wanted to film at the comp. I paid the $10, but then my memory card ran out of memory and I couldn't get it all anyway. But as I said, good thing other people did.
Labels: swing dancing


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home