getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Saturday, February 24, 2007

February/March music purchases

I've been feeling a bit rough today. I had a bit of a big night out last night, and went very heavy on the alcohol, starting my drinking at lunch time with a pint, and then continuing again at 5.30pm after work and going through til 12.30am. Having had a pretty intense week, I've actually been out drinking three times during the week. Three nights out of five. I'm thinking it's a bit excessive, and I was really paying for it today.

So I've done my monthly music purchases today.

1. Miss Dynamitee - Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain [mp3 single]
Actually this song is an Edinburgh swing dancing classic. I would hear this song without fail at every Tuesday night social at the Bongo Club. I don't know what the situation in Edinburgh is these days now that they don't do the socials at the Bongo.

2. We Cats Will Swing for You, Vol. 1: 1939-40 - Cats and the Fiddle


3. Rhythm is Our Business - Duke Heitger and his Swing Band


4. Singin' & Swingin': The Best of Earl Grant


I was tempted to get some more charleston stuff after being disappointed with my last purchases, but decided that I'll leave it for next time.

So I've probably mentioned before that I'm entering into MSF with Drew for the Strictly Lindy division. I'm also now entering into the Slow division with ol' Dan! My last practice with Drew went a bit crap though. My dancing's been feeling really off since Lismore, and I'm really struggling to get it to feel the way I want it to feel. But hey, as long as I have fun it's all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home