moving and settling
Whoa.
I've been a busy mama.
Ever so slowly Megan and I are settling into our new place. A friend of mine from uni is going to be moving into the room we've dubbed the "power room" (basically because it has all the closet space and is twice the size of the other two bedrooms!) this weekend. It's where I've been sleeping for the past week, so now that I've got my ikea wardrobe delivered (assemblage pending - most likely getting done tomorrow), I can move into the dodgy room that doesn't have a door. Good thing I'm not a particularly private person! This weekend will be good as well because we'll finally get a fridge! We've been living without one of those for the past couple of weeks. I'll also finally get to sleep on a proper bed! Thank goodness for my air mattress because it would have been a pretty uncomfortable week without it.
The stress has subsided a fair bit now too. I've gotten more sleep, and I have a gut feeling Megan is going to be a pretty great gal' to live with.
Other misc news: I'm set to do lots of product training at work over the next month, and is actually already underway; I've had a meeting with a venue for my swing social, and it looks like a goer; my internet is going to get connected next week (hoorah!); I'm a little far behind with the stuff I need to do for the Jazz Club, but once things settle down at home I'm sure I'll be able to catch up; the pilates classes that I've started going to at the gym are great; and Andy's a sweetie.
On some sad news: last week a friend of mine in the swing scene passed away. It was a sad day on Thursday.
I've been a busy mama.
Ever so slowly Megan and I are settling into our new place. A friend of mine from uni is going to be moving into the room we've dubbed the "power room" (basically because it has all the closet space and is twice the size of the other two bedrooms!) this weekend. It's where I've been sleeping for the past week, so now that I've got my ikea wardrobe delivered (assemblage pending - most likely getting done tomorrow), I can move into the dodgy room that doesn't have a door. Good thing I'm not a particularly private person! This weekend will be good as well because we'll finally get a fridge! We've been living without one of those for the past couple of weeks. I'll also finally get to sleep on a proper bed! Thank goodness for my air mattress because it would have been a pretty uncomfortable week without it.
The stress has subsided a fair bit now too. I've gotten more sleep, and I have a gut feeling Megan is going to be a pretty great gal' to live with.
Other misc news: I'm set to do lots of product training at work over the next month, and is actually already underway; I've had a meeting with a venue for my swing social, and it looks like a goer; my internet is going to get connected next week (hoorah!); I'm a little far behind with the stuff I need to do for the Jazz Club, but once things settle down at home I'm sure I'll be able to catch up; the pilates classes that I've started going to at the gym are great; and Andy's a sweetie.
On some sad news: last week a friend of mine in the swing scene passed away. It was a sad day on Thursday.
Labels: moving


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home