Almost rant turned good
I was going to originally write a post, or more accurately, write a rant, dedicated to my wonderfully infuriating mother, but I've had a change of heart; I won't rant, but I'll continue with some good news: I've got a new place!
After doing a bit of househunting in a very tight Brisbane market, Megan and I submitted an application on a house in an area called Hawthorne, and the agent called at the end of the day saying we got the place! It's an older style house, with 3 bedrooms. What I love most about it though is the location. I'm literally five minutes walk away from the cinemas, and down the road from the City Cat, which means I can catch the City Cat to work! When I lived in New Farm a couple of years back this was my favourite part about living there; being on the river in the morning and at the end of the day always made me happy. So Megan and I move in there as of the 27th of January. We'll just need to find a third person now.
This Friday I've got the cricket, a one-dayer between Australia and England, and despite my love of the wonderful game, I'm not looking forward to it as much as before. This is basically because of the ridiculously bad competition. England is shit, and New Zealand..well... they got a pretty spectacular hat trick in the last match on Sunday, but aren't going to have much of a hope of beating Australia. My thing is: I just want to watch cricket. I want to watch a proper match, a contest. I haven't had any of the aforementioned in the Ashes (barring the Adelaide test which was a damn good one), and everything else has been a joke.
My darling Kara from Tasmania will be arriving on the same day to stay with me over the weekend, so I'll be meeting up with her after that. It also happens that some pretty hot shit Melbourne dancers are going to be around that weekend so Drew suggested that we do some sightseeing stuff for the tourists on Saturday, which will most likely be a great day out. There's tentative plans for an impromptu social on Saturday night, so hopefully that will eventuate.
I'm becoming very conscious of being too reliant on Drew's lead to be able to dance. I'm extremely fortunate to be practicing with Drew, but I'm starting to get to a point that I can't work with anyone else. Not good - especially not for my beloved social lindy hop. So I'm looking forward to having some fresh blood to dance with, and having a bit of a social dance down at Lismore towards the end of next week.
Last thing: I went to the gym after work today to see what sort of program they'd made up for me. They had "technical difficulties" so hadn't got my program ready, but when I came in we talked one out for me. It all sounds quite good, go I'm going to see if I can get to the gym once, if not twice this week. This week will be hard because I've already got lunches booked out, and stuff to do after work, plus the cricket all day Friday, but I'll see what I can do. I'm looking forward to toning up a bit and finally purging the remainder of the Heathrow injection out of my system. They'll monitor my progress on a 6 weekly basis at the gym, so it'll be good to see more than what the scales tell me.
After doing a bit of househunting in a very tight Brisbane market, Megan and I submitted an application on a house in an area called Hawthorne, and the agent called at the end of the day saying we got the place! It's an older style house, with 3 bedrooms. What I love most about it though is the location. I'm literally five minutes walk away from the cinemas, and down the road from the City Cat, which means I can catch the City Cat to work! When I lived in New Farm a couple of years back this was my favourite part about living there; being on the river in the morning and at the end of the day always made me happy. So Megan and I move in there as of the 27th of January. We'll just need to find a third person now.
This Friday I've got the cricket, a one-dayer between Australia and England, and despite my love of the wonderful game, I'm not looking forward to it as much as before. This is basically because of the ridiculously bad competition. England is shit, and New Zealand..well... they got a pretty spectacular hat trick in the last match on Sunday, but aren't going to have much of a hope of beating Australia. My thing is: I just want to watch cricket. I want to watch a proper match, a contest. I haven't had any of the aforementioned in the Ashes (barring the Adelaide test which was a damn good one), and everything else has been a joke.
My darling Kara from Tasmania will be arriving on the same day to stay with me over the weekend, so I'll be meeting up with her after that. It also happens that some pretty hot shit Melbourne dancers are going to be around that weekend so Drew suggested that we do some sightseeing stuff for the tourists on Saturday, which will most likely be a great day out. There's tentative plans for an impromptu social on Saturday night, so hopefully that will eventuate.
I'm becoming very conscious of being too reliant on Drew's lead to be able to dance. I'm extremely fortunate to be practicing with Drew, but I'm starting to get to a point that I can't work with anyone else. Not good - especially not for my beloved social lindy hop. So I'm looking forward to having some fresh blood to dance with, and having a bit of a social dance down at Lismore towards the end of next week.
Last thing: I went to the gym after work today to see what sort of program they'd made up for me. They had "technical difficulties" so hadn't got my program ready, but when I came in we talked one out for me. It all sounds quite good, go I'm going to see if I can get to the gym once, if not twice this week. This week will be hard because I've already got lunches booked out, and stuff to do after work, plus the cricket all day Friday, but I'll see what I can do. I'm looking forward to toning up a bit and finally purging the remainder of the Heathrow injection out of my system. They'll monitor my progress on a 6 weekly basis at the gym, so it'll be good to see more than what the scales tell me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home