to buy a laptop
I have bad news. My laptop, the stupid piece of crap that it was, has died on me, leaving me destitute and computerless. I think it might just need a new hard disk, but I'm thinking that because it's always been very much on the dodge side I'm going to invest in a brand spanking new computer. I was talking about my unfortunate computer circumstance at work today, and one of the girls from work showed me her laptop that she bought, taking advantage of a salary sacrifice scheme we have in work.
I almost fell in love with this machine.


It was a reddish copper coloured Sony Vaio, with an 11.1 inch screen. It was beautiful, and just what I really need - a small, lightweight, portable computer.
I have decided though, that I probably won't do the Sony option, and try to find something cheaper in the small sizes. I'm also considering getting a mac of the 13" variety, which is cheaper, has an Intel Core Duo chip, whereas the Sony is an Intel Core Solo chip, has a bigger hard disk, and is just generally more powerful. But obviously not as small. There's also an option with Dell that I'm considering... Anyway I'll have it all sorted soon.
In other news, I've started house hunting, and unfortunately have come up with nothing at the mo. My friend was looking today, and I've got an appointment on Wednesday afternoon to go view a house, so hopefully we'll be able to get this sorted pretty soon.
Christmas rush period has inundated me with everything. I've got absolutely no days free this week, and every weekend for the last two weekends, plus the next few are just crazy for me. If house hunting goes to plan, I'll be spending the few days I have off over Christmas packing.
Jazz Club stuff is keeping me very busy. Out of the five weekdays last week, I had to go to the jazz club after work for four of them. And I'm there after work again tomorrow. More on that one at some other stage.
*sigh* - no time just now, and I have a million things I could post about. Maybe I'll have some time to breathe in the New Year...
I almost fell in love with this machine.


It was a reddish copper coloured Sony Vaio, with an 11.1 inch screen. It was beautiful, and just what I really need - a small, lightweight, portable computer.
I have decided though, that I probably won't do the Sony option, and try to find something cheaper in the small sizes. I'm also considering getting a mac of the 13" variety, which is cheaper, has an Intel Core Duo chip, whereas the Sony is an Intel Core Solo chip, has a bigger hard disk, and is just generally more powerful. But obviously not as small. There's also an option with Dell that I'm considering... Anyway I'll have it all sorted soon.
In other news, I've started house hunting, and unfortunately have come up with nothing at the mo. My friend was looking today, and I've got an appointment on Wednesday afternoon to go view a house, so hopefully we'll be able to get this sorted pretty soon.
Christmas rush period has inundated me with everything. I've got absolutely no days free this week, and every weekend for the last two weekends, plus the next few are just crazy for me. If house hunting goes to plan, I'll be spending the few days I have off over Christmas packing.
Jazz Club stuff is keeping me very busy. Out of the five weekdays last week, I had to go to the jazz club after work for four of them. And I'm there after work again tomorrow. More on that one at some other stage.
*sigh* - no time just now, and I have a million things I could post about. Maybe I'll have some time to breathe in the New Year...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home