getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Brief song list from the ULHS

I'd just like to share some of the music research I've done just tonight.

I discovered by accident the other day that I have the song for the mid-tempo final of this year's ULHS, which spurned me into trying to find out what the rest of the songs are. If you don't know what the Ultimate Lindy Hop Showdown is, and don't know what the hell I'm talking about, check out Lindy Library to find the clips, or YouTube, searching for "ULHS". These clips are all awesome. Actually it's just plain crazy how awesome they are. Damn.

Anyway, I've written what I've figured out so far below. The beats per minute are as I have them in my collection (and I'm happy to report I have them all except the Dizzy Gillespie one), rather than from the bpm of the performance. I did note Dax & Takumi's below though. So here goes:

Mid-tempo Final - Every Tub - Count Basie - A Portrait of Count Basie (244bpm)
Slow Final - C Jam Blues - Lincoln Centre Jazz Orchestra - Live in Swing City - Swingin' with the Duke (142bpm) --> much slower in the clip
Frida & Skye's performance - Lunceford Special - Jimmie Lunceford - Lunceford Special: 1939-1940 (238bpm)
Todd & Naomi's performance - Dizzy Atmosphere - Dizzy Gillespie - Dizzy Atmosphere (230bpm)
Dax & Takumi's performance - Uptown Blues - Charlie Barnet - The Big Bands (disc 1) (280bpm; but the performance one is slowed to 256bpm) nb. this was one of those compilation cds that I picked up around the place.

What I don't know is, is what the fast-tempo song is. Anyone got any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home