getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Friday, November 03, 2006

Fun run, old friends, bjc stuff

I did a fun run yesterday, organised by PriceWaterhouseCoopers, called the Cool Night Classic (warning - this site has a really annoying sound that you can't switch off). Money raised was donated jointly to Centacare (ironic, considering my last post) and Cystic Fibrosis Queensland. It was a 5km run around the city area, starting at the botanical gardens, and finishing up at Riverside, on the Brisbane River.

I rather enjoyed it. My section originally had 6 people who booked in to do it, but on the day, due to various injuries and excuses, only myself and another guy ended up doing it. From our company we had a showing of about a dozen people. Seeing as I never run, and I hadn't actually seen my sneakers for more than a year, I did a reasonable time of about 33mins.

What was particularly exciting though was that a friend of mine from high school, who I stayed friends with throughout uni, but hadn't seen since I got back, was manning the waterstand! So I had a quick chat with her, but then continued on my way, but she gave me a call today and we're trying to organise to meet up next week! Hooray! Amanda is one of the loveliest people I've ever met, and is also one of those people I've always idolised in a certain way because they always achieve so much.

On other matters, my committee participation at the brisbane jazz club has stepped up a bit. I've just organised a security guard for the bjc, and I'm in charge of organising the Christmas party for band members and volunteers. They've also asked me to look after getting more volunteers. For the rest of the month, I've got some duty manager shifts, and I've managed to get shifts with some really good bands playing. This is all good, especially seeing as I've been feeling a bit idle of late.

So November/December are looking like they'll probably be pretty busy for me, with Christmas, Christmas parties, work, trip to Thailand, and the usual "other stuff". I should also be moving out next month. I can't believe it's November already...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home