Starting the new job
I started my new job on Monday. There's a little bit to take in, but it seems all good. I started with the HR person, Nikki, running through this mammoth folder of info to start with for the first hour and a half of my day, and then I was given a tour of the three main floors that Intec operates on. Then I went down to level 2, which is the floor I work on, and then I had the manager of the section talk at me for about another 2 hours, with a break inbetween. She went over what the section does, what my role is going to be, things that are happening at the moment, and other general stuff. Then I sat at my desk, did the whole log in bit, and I had the team leader, Madeline, come and make sure that I had all the correct login privileges, which I didn't, so it put a halt to them showing me some of the stuff she wanted. For the rest of the day I read through some of the user guide stuff for the program that I'm going to be documenting.
Today I did more reading, was shown more stuff about the systems, given about 5 different passwords for various systems - which I don't understand because I can't see why some of them can't be linked in with my initial user login - and then spoke to some of the people in my team for a bit.
So all in all not that exciting, but I know there's stuff going to be given to me soon enough. I'm actually finding it weird not being in the situation where I'm expected to order stationery. I've been in jobs where I've been required to order stationery for the past 5 years, and now I've got nothing to do with it. Isn't that a strange thing to notice? I wanted my own stapler today, and there wasn't one in the stationery cupboard, and I can't order one. There are the people who work on reception on level 7 who can though. I'm weirded out...
Today I did more reading, was shown more stuff about the systems, given about 5 different passwords for various systems - which I don't understand because I can't see why some of them can't be linked in with my initial user login - and then spoke to some of the people in my team for a bit.
So all in all not that exciting, but I know there's stuff going to be given to me soon enough. I'm actually finding it weird not being in the situation where I'm expected to order stationery. I've been in jobs where I've been required to order stationery for the past 5 years, and now I've got nothing to do with it. Isn't that a strange thing to notice? I wanted my own stapler today, and there wasn't one in the stationery cupboard, and I can't order one. There are the people who work on reception on level 7 who can though. I'm weirded out...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home