getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Getting in the groove

I felt like I had a pretty good night of dancing tonight. Good in the sense that I feel like I'm starting to get a bit of my groove back. I've been feeling out of sorts about my dancing ever since Herräng, but tonight I had some good bal dances, some good lindy dances, and although I'm still not quite there, I'm finally starting to feel like it's coming together.

Tonight was the ball night for Balboa on the River, a balboa workshop that Brisbane's hosting. I've managed to get in two solid nights of social dancing, with some pretty good dancers at that, so I'm cheering. Mystery Pacific was the name of the band they had playing at the ball tonight, and I thought they were really good - Django Reinhardt influenced, and they seriously kicked.

It feels so good to be dancing again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home