getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Sunday, September 10, 2006


France won the football/soccer, beating Italy 3-1. (I actually found out today that this match was played last week. Oh well). They were really hungry for it. You could really tell by the way they played, and at some points in the match it even felt a bit frantic. But that's what I like about the game. There's so many different ways to play it, in the same way that there's so many different ways to tell a story. I guess you could call it the revenge match for the French because of their loss at the world cup. I think it's more difficult to get into these matches now that I'm in Australia though because I feel a lot more removed from the action.

Australia lost to Kuwait last week by 2-0. Look at the picture. Look how empty the stadium is. I worry about Australia playing in countries like Kuwait. Isn't it dangerous over there? I know I wouldn't be too keen flying to Palestine or Iraq to play football.

I went to the jazz club tonight too, and signed myself up as a member. So now I have to go to the General Meeting on the 24th and become a committee member. The jazz club has been done up since I was there last. They've got new tables and chairs, and it has a great vibe to it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've kept up with the football since you left the UK. Result!

11/9/06 8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home