definition of arcane
I learnt the definition of "arcane" today, thanks to my trusty word of the day email. It means:
arcane \ar-KAYN\, adjective:
Understood or known by only a few.
Isn't that interesting? I always thought it meant something was old, or it was something that is no longer taught/practiced. So I guess to a certain degree I was right, but my definition wasn't entirely accurate. And being a bit of a pedant, this distinction was interesting for me.
I've also just joined the Internet Scrabble Club. I'm feeling very literary today
arcane \ar-KAYN\, adjective:
Understood or known by only a few.
Isn't that interesting? I always thought it meant something was old, or it was something that is no longer taught/practiced. So I guess to a certain degree I was right, but my definition wasn't entirely accurate. And being a bit of a pedant, this distinction was interesting for me.
I've also just joined the Internet Scrabble Club. I'm feeling very literary today


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home