getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Job interview

I had my interview today with Intec. I still don't know if I got the job, but the interview went a lot better than any of the interviews I did in London. I'm getting used to the typical interview questions, so my interview execution style is getting pretty honed. London was good for that. I got rejected from literally all the jobs that I wanted, and I think mainly because I was far too nervous during the interviews. I'm much more cucumber-esque now - hopefully it's paid off in this situation.

Also on the up side, if I don't get the job, my temp consultant came in and met me today, and told me that the admin award rate has gone up as of this week, so I'm in for a pay increase. I don't know how much that is going to be, but sounds good either way.

So anyway I'll see how my interview success (or lack thereof) goes. If I did well in this interview, apparently there's one more interview with the manager, but that's supposed to be pretty informal and only to make sure that she agrees with the people who interviewed me, who were one of the editors and one of the team leaders.

And I get paid tomorrow! YAAAYYY! It's going to go in like, two seconds, but I'm going to finally gain some independence back again!

I'm already planning on moving out. I was going to put it off for a while to save, but I don't think I can handle being at home anymore. I'm finding my mum far too much to cope with, and I'm remembering how much she used to stress me out. It hasn't gotten as bad as it has been, but I think given a few more months it could quite easily get there again. It's amazing how you can forget these things once you're away for a while. I'm also losing my sense of independence and control being at home as well. It's just not cricket anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home