getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Socceroos v Bahrain

The Socceroos played Bahrain tonight in Sydney. After being rather upset about not knowing about the Australia v Paraguay match that was on Saturday in Brisbane, I was definitely sitting in front of the tv to watch this match. As expected, Australia won, the end result being 2-0.

It was an ok game. Ok. But (and I'm sorry for doing the glass-half-empty thing) it wasn't good enough for world class standard. We still lack an element of class in our games. The cohesion, the flow, just don't seem to be there for us yet. Some of the passes were sloppy, they don't run with the ball very well, they don't grab the game by the nads and make it theirs. And that's what they should be doing when they're playing a team like Bahrain, who kept falling over and needing to be stretchered off, whose average player in the team was about 21, and doubtless most of them were in the middle of Ramadam so probably wouldn't have the energy to do much running anyway (which, to be fair, may have contributed to them constantly needing to be stretchered off).

Bresciano scored a fantastic goal, and Mile Sterjovski had a great shot and was unlucky that it hit the top bar. As per usual Schwarzer was rock solid. I'm a bit of a Schwarzer fan. He's the shit, I tells ya, he really is.

So I hope ol' Graham Arnold has a strategy to straighten up the team a bit. Make them push the limits a little more. Especially if Australia's going to win the next World Cup in South Africa in 2010. Yeh! Go you Socceroos!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home