getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Two steps forward, one step back

So I've been doing weekly-ish dance practices with my friend Drew. And the other week, there was a guy in town called Cam Mitchell who is known for being rather excellent at fast dancing. So Drew and I went and got a private with him last Wednesday, and it was excellent, I felt like I was dancing really well, and it was all going aces. The time before that as well, which was a few days after I'd done the 5km fun run went really well too.

So I was pretty stoked that things seemed to finally be progressing with my dancing. The stamina factor as well, hadn't seemed as much of an issue for the last two practices either.

Tonight we had another practice. It was shameful. After we did one song that was only about 200bpm - which is normally pretty cruisy for us - I was panting, making feeble reaches for my water bottle, and sitting on the couch, gut out, and only moving because of the ragged breaths that were convulsing my body (what an unattractive visual - sorry guys). Drew was much the same. We both want a treadmill.

It shouldn't be this bad!

So along with my decision to lose 3kg (which after one week of abysmally poor effort, has resulted in a slight increase on the scales), I'm going to have to make sure I put a concerted effort into doing some midweek exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home