Back on the booze bus
I've had a pretty full on weekend and past couple of days. There was the work Christmas party on Friday which I can't even put into words how bad it was. I've never ever EVER heard such a bad mc before. There's a point where some jokes are so bad, you've got to laugh.. the jokes our mc was making were so bad, it was beyond laughter (and into the pain threshold). He even made a couple of cheap shot jokes about people being old at the company, singling out one person in particular. So that was painful, and I left with a work mate to go to the casino at about 10.30, to meet up with another workmate who didn't even go to the Christmas party and was sitting at the casino by himself (but still having a better time than the rest of us).
So I ended up being at the casino til about 4.30am, ran into some other people I used to work with, and was trying my best to protect my friend from being coerced into group sex with Jeff Fennick, a former champion boxer, and an allround knob. I was also extremely drunk. Then on Saturday, after spending the entire day sick as a dog, I went to the Alley Bar to see my friend Mark's gig, who heads a band called This Frozen Star. It was a good gig. I spent most of the time with my friend Megan playing pool with this guy who was trying to hit onto any female that breathed. He was a good sport though, and we played some good games.
After the gig, we went to GoMA, Brisbane's newest Gallery of Modern Art. It is fantastic! We were going there to see Cornelius, but I ended up piking before the gig started at 10.30pm because I was still feeling sick. I got as far as the Jackie Chan room, where they had about 50 screens just showing Jackie Chan movies and excerpts from his fight scenes. They were just amazing. I could have spent hours in this one room alone. I honestly think GoMA is better than any other modern art gallery I've ever seen, including the Tate Modern in London. It's really that fantastic, with superb architecture, interesting works (as I mentioned I only got as far as the Jackie Chan room so I'm going back again in the near future), and has added such a huge level of cultural significance and interest to Brisbane. I love it!
Then back at work on Monday, listening to live streaming of the cricket at work, I went out to the pub afterwards and met out the same two guys from work who were out at the casino from Friday night at O'Malleys. One went home, but I stayed out with the other and ended up being out until the 10.50pm bus I caught home. I was smashed. Not very cool on a school night, and far too much alcohol was consumed. Then tonight, we got really excited about the cricket at around 3ish when Australia had gotten England all out and we were in a chance to win the test, so we knocked off work and went to O'Malleys again and watched the game over a few pints. I was on the Hahn Lights tonight though, and made sure that I also had a glass of water. I'm going to have to ease off the alcohol a bit. It's all a bit too easy a habit for me to fall into.
And in case you didn't know, Australia won the 2nd test!!!. I was convinced it was going to be a draw until those stupid poms did their usual collapsing trick and screwed themselves over. Too funny. It was a good day.
So I ended up being at the casino til about 4.30am, ran into some other people I used to work with, and was trying my best to protect my friend from being coerced into group sex with Jeff Fennick, a former champion boxer, and an allround knob. I was also extremely drunk. Then on Saturday, after spending the entire day sick as a dog, I went to the Alley Bar to see my friend Mark's gig, who heads a band called This Frozen Star. It was a good gig. I spent most of the time with my friend Megan playing pool with this guy who was trying to hit onto any female that breathed. He was a good sport though, and we played some good games.
After the gig, we went to GoMA, Brisbane's newest Gallery of Modern Art. It is fantastic! We were going there to see Cornelius, but I ended up piking before the gig started at 10.30pm because I was still feeling sick. I got as far as the Jackie Chan room, where they had about 50 screens just showing Jackie Chan movies and excerpts from his fight scenes. They were just amazing. I could have spent hours in this one room alone. I honestly think GoMA is better than any other modern art gallery I've ever seen, including the Tate Modern in London. It's really that fantastic, with superb architecture, interesting works (as I mentioned I only got as far as the Jackie Chan room so I'm going back again in the near future), and has added such a huge level of cultural significance and interest to Brisbane. I love it!
Then back at work on Monday, listening to live streaming of the cricket at work, I went out to the pub afterwards and met out the same two guys from work who were out at the casino from Friday night at O'Malleys. One went home, but I stayed out with the other and ended up being out until the 10.50pm bus I caught home. I was smashed. Not very cool on a school night, and far too much alcohol was consumed. Then tonight, we got really excited about the cricket at around 3ish when Australia had gotten England all out and we were in a chance to win the test, so we knocked off work and went to O'Malleys again and watched the game over a few pints. I was on the Hahn Lights tonight though, and made sure that I also had a glass of water. I'm going to have to ease off the alcohol a bit. It's all a bit too easy a habit for me to fall into.
And in case you didn't know, Australia won the 2nd test!!!. I was convinced it was going to be a draw until those stupid poms did their usual collapsing trick and screwed themselves over. Too funny. It was a good day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home