Swing DJ'ing in Brisbane
Well it looks like I'm going to be swing dj'ing again - not to be confused with the past Battle of the DJ's III thread, where I'll just be bringing out one hc hit after another. I'll be doing a shift at Swing Dance Brisbane's fortnightly socials called Swing Shack, starting in a fortnight's time. Having not dj'd for a while, and having neglected my music collection, I was inspired to get some new cds that I've had on my list for ages.
Whenever doing international orders, I always make a point of ordering at least two cds, considering the amount I'm paying for postage anyway.
I've also been listening to my existing collection at random, just to refamiliarise myself with what I've got, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a song in my collection that I really like, but had forgotten I had. Today I found that I had Main Stem by the Lincoln Centre Jazz Orchestra. This song swings like a mofo. My favourite version of this song is one by Duke Ellington - although that version isn't that far removed from the version I have.
I'm looking forward to spending more time with my music again.
Whenever doing international orders, I always make a point of ordering at least two cds, considering the amount I'm paying for postage anyway.
I've also been listening to my existing collection at random, just to refamiliarise myself with what I've got, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a song in my collection that I really like, but had forgotten I had. Today I found that I had Main Stem by the Lincoln Centre Jazz Orchestra. This song swings like a mofo. My favourite version of this song is one by Duke Ellington - although that version isn't that far removed from the version I have.
I'm looking forward to spending more time with my music again.




1 Comments:
Hey Diane, how's it going? Just started reading this and I really have to agree that LCJO's Main Stem is a great track!
Post a Comment
<< Home