getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Swinging at the Fringe

So my Swinging at the Fringe (website pending) swing dance social is starting this Wednesday at the Fringe Bar at the Valley. I'm kinda nervous about whether or not anyone's going to turn up. Not only that, I'm going to have to dj for 4 hours! That's not a small effort. I've never done it before, and I reckon even a 2 hour set would probably be pushing it for me. So I've resigned myself to knowing that I may have to play some songs twice. Hopefully noone will notice/care. My ipod has also been playing silly buggers recently, and not all of my songs on my ipod are guaranteed to play from my computer. I'm trying to take the measure of getting the songs that I will want to play for the gig off my ipod and onto the hard disk of my computer, but it's difficult, time consuming, and there's no way I'm going to be able to get all of the songs off there because I may not have the inspiration to play a particular song until the moment comes. Let's see how it pans out anyway...

I'm also not getting my car today as hoped. I have to get my finance processed again because there was a slight difference between the proper selling price of the car, and the price advertised (on road costs, vehicle checking, some other crap, etc), so it won't be all clear until next week. I had plans for that car this weekend too. Oh well. I'll have it before Easter long weekend so it should be ok.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, I hope it went well - you need a DJ buddy to get you through massive sets like that (I made Trev share a loooong set at the Spiegeltent last MLX)!

2/4/07 11:36 am  
Blogger dee said...

Man, if I had Trev helping me out with a dj set I'd be in heaven! He did good sets in Herrang. My first social is on tomorrow - I'll post on how it went.

3/4/07 11:02 pm  
Blogger dee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/4/07 11:05 pm  
Blogger The Frase said...

Best of luck, Di!

Kick it!

4/4/07 8:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DJing update, DJing update, DJing update!

5/4/07 11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home