getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Cheesecake

I baked a cheesecake yesterday, popping the cherry of mum's new oven. A lemon and ricotta cheesecake to be exact. The thing is, it doesn't taste like a cheesecake, but it tastes like quite a nice piece of lemon cake, with just a bit more moisture to it. I can't quite decide whether this makes the cake a success (because it taste good), or a failure (because it doesn't taste like a cheesecake). I think not being able to find the electric mixer at the time and having to do everything by hand the old fashioned way may have contributed to the texture. I'll have another whirl at the same recipe again with the proper equipment in the near future and see how it turns out.

And while I'm on the subject of cheesecakes, how is this for a very excellent clip?

In regards to my week, since I've been back from Tassie (which I have to say, is the best holiday I can remember having - seriously), I've been in a bit of weird headspace. Stressed out at work after resigning because of all these offers that they were throwing at me to stay on (I somewhat naively thought that resigning would be a straightforward process); constantly tired; haven't really been able to throw my cold (although it's mostly gone. Just niggly bits not going away); and I also feel like I've come down from a holiday high to a post-holiday low.

I stuffed up a little trip down the coast as well that had been planned for about a month. I thought the overnight trip was for Saturday-Sunday. But no. It was for Friday-Saturday. So I figured it out as I was going home on the bus on Friday night and decided to log into facebook on my phone and saw the event date. Panicked a bit when I realised I was supposed to be at my friend's place an hour ago and a whole pile of people were waiting for me. Given the timeframe, by the time I got home and packed a bag of clothes for the night, it would be fairly late by the time that car got to the Gold Coast, and there was already a group of people down the coast waiting for us. My bad entirely. As a friend of mine at work appropriately commented, I was a bit of a space cadet.

I'm not usually as bad as that, but I think recently I have been. And most definitely this week I have been. Hopefully I'll snap out of it soon.

On a musical note, I heard a song on Triple J this morning, that isn't new, but made me happy this morning. Lily Allen - LDN. The dialogue at the beginning of the clip is rather good.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home