Uni, and trying to beat the habit
I think I hate UQ already. I haven't been able to enroll in any courses because for some reason they didn't have my citizenship status. So on Friday, I ducked out of work and had to wait in the Student Centre queue for about an hour until I could show them my birth certificate. And the campus is so huge. I'm very suspicious of it. It's not like my beloved QUT (where I did my undergrad) at all. The guy at the counter said they'd process it at the end of the day so I'll be able to do my enrollment over the weekend. I've just tried to log on and it still says they don't have my citizenship status! Uni starts next week and I have no idea what I'm supposed to turn up to! Bunch of morons. I'll be doing some phone harassment first thing on Monday.
I've come to the decision that my uni timetable is going to make being on the BJC committee impossible. I could very easily have a class on a Monday night, and Monday's being the day when we have our committee meeting would make it impossible for me to attend. It's a bit of a shame because the people at the jazz club are like a family to me, but I'll still do some things for the club, and probably continue to teach the monthly free swing class.
Other things in life have been pretty crazy for me of late. We've decided to break the lease of the house we've got at the moment and go our separate ways. There's no animosity, but I guess in the end it just wasn't working out. I'm in a fairly fortunate position of having a good friend of mine who needs to move out now as well, so we went unit inspecting today and found an amazing place in East Brisbane that we inspected and submitted an application for. It's exactly what I want: central, close to transport, comfortable, clean and modern. I really really hope we get this place. My mate needs to move out by the end of the month because he's in the awkward position of living with his ex-girlfriend. But he's done well, and they're on good terms, but obviously he needs to get out. And it's very exciting as well because he has one of those MASSIVE tv's and an XBox 360. I don't need to go out anymore!!
Last Sunday I was in a small car accident, where I was parallel parking, and as I was angling into the carpark, and I was virtually in the space, this "woman" (read: evil beast), ran into my car and dented and scratched the middle of the driver side of my car. It's not too bad, but I had the damages assessed and it's over $1000 to fix. And my basic excess because I'm a young driver is $1000. I'm going to wait to find out how much the evil beast's damages are: if they're over $1K I'll claim, but if not, I'll just drive around in my poor little dented car. Stupid ho. I actually cried when the insurance agencies (both of them) told me that I was liable.
Lesson 1: if you are in reverse you have the higher duty of care.
Lesson 2: if you are entering or leaving a park, you must give way to any oncoming traffic.
By these rules, basically you could just ram your car straight into any person who's parking, and it will be their fault. Crazy hey?
Another thing I'm up to is trying to kick my alcohol habit. Man have I been drinking since Andy dumped me. The other day I had a twitch for the whole day that I couldn't get rid of, and I really think it was because I've just been drinking too much. So this week, while I start thinking about a new place to live, getting life in order, getting uni sorted, I'm just going to have to stop going to the pub for a while. I've also been going out on nights where I don't remember huge sections of the night. My friend Mel is starting to get a bit pissed off at me because I never remember all of these things that happen. Last week I smashed a wine glass on the dancefloor, she was picking up the shards and I don't even remember it happening! I only found out about it on Thursday! Also apparently I was going through the phone of a fairly senior work person at after work drinks on the same Friday and started making fun of people's names in his phone book. For example, there was a chick in his phone with the last name Rouse, so I started asking him whether she "aRoused" him. How embarassing - although kinda funny.
So when it rains, it pours. Tomorrow's agenda includes picking up the new Harry Potter book because I didn't get a chance to do it today (I'm so shocked at myself), and going to work to catch up on all the hours I missed having to go back and forth to UQ. I think life is going to continue to be in a big state of flux for the next couple of months, but after that I think things will start to settle down again. All I really want is a point of stability again. I reckon moving into a new place will be the exact sort of change I need.
I've come to the decision that my uni timetable is going to make being on the BJC committee impossible. I could very easily have a class on a Monday night, and Monday's being the day when we have our committee meeting would make it impossible for me to attend. It's a bit of a shame because the people at the jazz club are like a family to me, but I'll still do some things for the club, and probably continue to teach the monthly free swing class.
Other things in life have been pretty crazy for me of late. We've decided to break the lease of the house we've got at the moment and go our separate ways. There's no animosity, but I guess in the end it just wasn't working out. I'm in a fairly fortunate position of having a good friend of mine who needs to move out now as well, so we went unit inspecting today and found an amazing place in East Brisbane that we inspected and submitted an application for. It's exactly what I want: central, close to transport, comfortable, clean and modern. I really really hope we get this place. My mate needs to move out by the end of the month because he's in the awkward position of living with his ex-girlfriend. But he's done well, and they're on good terms, but obviously he needs to get out. And it's very exciting as well because he has one of those MASSIVE tv's and an XBox 360. I don't need to go out anymore!!
Last Sunday I was in a small car accident, where I was parallel parking, and as I was angling into the carpark, and I was virtually in the space, this "woman" (read: evil beast), ran into my car and dented and scratched the middle of the driver side of my car. It's not too bad, but I had the damages assessed and it's over $1000 to fix. And my basic excess because I'm a young driver is $1000. I'm going to wait to find out how much the evil beast's damages are: if they're over $1K I'll claim, but if not, I'll just drive around in my poor little dented car. Stupid ho. I actually cried when the insurance agencies (both of them) told me that I was liable.
Lesson 1: if you are in reverse you have the higher duty of care.
Lesson 2: if you are entering or leaving a park, you must give way to any oncoming traffic.
By these rules, basically you could just ram your car straight into any person who's parking, and it will be their fault. Crazy hey?
Another thing I'm up to is trying to kick my alcohol habit. Man have I been drinking since Andy dumped me. The other day I had a twitch for the whole day that I couldn't get rid of, and I really think it was because I've just been drinking too much. So this week, while I start thinking about a new place to live, getting life in order, getting uni sorted, I'm just going to have to stop going to the pub for a while. I've also been going out on nights where I don't remember huge sections of the night. My friend Mel is starting to get a bit pissed off at me because I never remember all of these things that happen. Last week I smashed a wine glass on the dancefloor, she was picking up the shards and I don't even remember it happening! I only found out about it on Thursday! Also apparently I was going through the phone of a fairly senior work person at after work drinks on the same Friday and started making fun of people's names in his phone book. For example, there was a chick in his phone with the last name Rouse, so I started asking him whether she "aRoused" him. How embarassing - although kinda funny.
So when it rains, it pours. Tomorrow's agenda includes picking up the new Harry Potter book because I didn't get a chance to do it today (I'm so shocked at myself), and going to work to catch up on all the hours I missed having to go back and forth to UQ. I think life is going to continue to be in a big state of flux for the next couple of months, but after that I think things will start to settle down again. All I really want is a point of stability again. I reckon moving into a new place will be the exact sort of change I need.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home