Very busy, and soon to be new living arrangements
I can't believe Wednesday is over and tomorrow is Thursday!! This week I've:
For the rest of the week:
What I have to mention though, is how happy I'm going to be in my new living situation. I inspected the place on Tuesday, and it's great!! It's got this brilliant little courtyard, and the owner is leaving his bbq behind for us to use. Its been totally refurbished on the inside, and the guy who owns the unit's mum has done this really funky stencil on the living room wall that I think looks great! My room's fairly small, but I have built-ins with a mirror (finally I can see how I look!!), and everything's just really comfortable. It's exactly what I need! And Josh has been an absolute dream when it comes to getting everything organised. He's done so much! Through this whole very ordinary experience of me living here, my housemates have never once lifted a finger to try to help organise stuff, and Josh is doing it all of his own volition! It makes me so happy!! My new claim to fame is that apparently the guy who owns the place (who I briefly met when inspecting it), is the traffic reporter on Channel 10, but is being moved down to Sydney. It's small, but cosy. It's just plain awesome.
The location is great too. It's very close to where I currently live, except only two minutes from the main stretch in Bulimba where all of the restaurants, shops and cafes are. It's so great. I think finally I'll be able to find a point of stability again. Just after the next month or two when I can make sure that this house is all tenanted (I'm going to have to pay double rents until that's cleared up), and Josh and I have settled in a bit, I think everything is going to be very sweet.
- sent in my notification to cancel my lease
- visited my new place
- signed all the forms for my new place
- met up with Josh to figure out what's going on with the move
- went to Greg and Sue's house (who own Tiger Rag in the valley) to look at dress ideas for the Canberrang ball
- attended 2 lectures and 1 tutorial
- done 1.33 sets of homework (accounting completed, and finance only 1/3 done)
- attended a bjc committee meeting
- watched a dress rehearsal of the show Melissa (from the jazz club) is going to perform at the Edinburgh Fringe: Ella, Marlena, Marilyn and Me
- went to work
- packed 2 boxes.
For the rest of the week:
- I've got to go to my friend's place so I can borrow his air mattress for the week I don't have a bed
- Pack & clean
- Buy material so I can have my dress for Canberrang made
- Do my homework
- Run the 12km Bridge to Brisbane on Sunday - the crazy bastards at my work want to meet between 6-6.15am!!!
- Sort out current tenancy stuff
- Do some extra hours at work so I can finish the tickets I need to author.
What I have to mention though, is how happy I'm going to be in my new living situation. I inspected the place on Tuesday, and it's great!! It's got this brilliant little courtyard, and the owner is leaving his bbq behind for us to use. Its been totally refurbished on the inside, and the guy who owns the unit's mum has done this really funky stencil on the living room wall that I think looks great! My room's fairly small, but I have built-ins with a mirror (finally I can see how I look!!), and everything's just really comfortable. It's exactly what I need! And Josh has been an absolute dream when it comes to getting everything organised. He's done so much! Through this whole very ordinary experience of me living here, my housemates have never once lifted a finger to try to help organise stuff, and Josh is doing it all of his own volition! It makes me so happy!! My new claim to fame is that apparently the guy who owns the place (who I briefly met when inspecting it), is the traffic reporter on Channel 10, but is being moved down to Sydney. It's small, but cosy. It's just plain awesome.
The location is great too. It's very close to where I currently live, except only two minutes from the main stretch in Bulimba where all of the restaurants, shops and cafes are. It's so great. I think finally I'll be able to find a point of stability again. Just after the next month or two when I can make sure that this house is all tenanted (I'm going to have to pay double rents until that's cleared up), and Josh and I have settled in a bit, I think everything is going to be very sweet.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home