Bridge to Brisbane
I've just gotten home and had a shower after doing the Bridge to Brisbane (12km length). I was not looking forward to it at all. More than anything, I wasn't looking forward to waking up at 5.30am to get there. I decided that there was no way I was going to try to meet the rest of the guys at 6-6.15am like they wanted. No friggin way. But those guys are hardcore, and do a lot of running. Not only do I not run (occasionally I'll start up again at the gym, but haven't for 4 months or so), but I hate early mornings. Hate them with a passion. Oh once you're up it's not so bad. It's even nice to be able to have so much of a day to do things. But it's the getting up factor. I much prefer it how it is when it gets to Summer in Europe and the daylight continues til about 10pm (or doesn't get dark at all if you're in Herrang - that place is so fantastic). So you can still do heaps of things, but not have to get up at ridiculous hours to do so.
So I did it. The bus shuttle back was a killer. I think I spent about 1hr 45mins on that bus when it should only have taken 20mins. I didn't pay attention to what time I started, so I'm not sure of the time I did, but I'm guestimating it was about 1hr 20mins, which is similar to what I got when I did it in 2004, 1hr 22mins. For some reason my 2003 time isn't recorded on their site anymore. Fortunately, I'm a blogging whore, and on another blog of mine, I have recorded that I got 1:27:45.750. That one was an absolute killer. I ran that one after 4hrs sleep because I'd been out the night before. Definitely learnt my lesson after that one.
So this weekend I've done a lot of the things I needed to get done. I finished authoring my tickets at work, ran the bridge to brisbane. What I need to do now is feckloads of cleaning and packing.
But what I really need to do now is sleep...
zzz...
So I did it. The bus shuttle back was a killer. I think I spent about 1hr 45mins on that bus when it should only have taken 20mins. I didn't pay attention to what time I started, so I'm not sure of the time I did, but I'm guestimating it was about 1hr 20mins, which is similar to what I got when I did it in 2004, 1hr 22mins. For some reason my 2003 time isn't recorded on their site anymore. Fortunately, I'm a blogging whore, and on another blog of mine, I have recorded that I got 1:27:45.750. That one was an absolute killer. I ran that one after 4hrs sleep because I'd been out the night before. Definitely learnt my lesson after that one.
So this weekend I've done a lot of the things I needed to get done. I finished authoring my tickets at work, ran the bridge to brisbane. What I need to do now is feckloads of cleaning and packing.
But what I really need to do now is sleep...
zzz...
Labels: Bridge to Brisbane


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home