getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

quick update

I've been a bit quiet on the blog front lately. It's mostly because I haven't had proper internet access! My new place that I moved into (about a month ago now?) doesn't have a phone socket. So as soon as we can get the real estate agents to pull their finger out, I'll be hooked up and injecting the internet goodness straight into the veins. Other things that have contributed to the lack of posts:

  • I only just got my laptop back from repair on the weekend. It was gone a week
  • I had my car in repairs. Doesn't contribute to not having internet or not posting, but it sucked
  • I've been studying for exams. I had an accounting one today which went semi-ok (as in everything balanced in the end, but I really can't vouch for having done everything right). I have another exam for finance in a fortnight's time.
  • I've been battling the real estate agent from my former residence. Harcourts Blue Property Management - Coorparoo, are on my hitlist. Especially my former property manager called Shelley. There's only about 3 people that I would put on my hypothetical hitlist, and she's on there.
  • Went to Canberra for Canberrang about a month ago for the weekend. It was a tops, tops, tops weekend
  • Duty managing at the jazz club. I'm glad I've resigned. I just can't do the hours and the commitment anymore. It's been a good run, and I'm glad I did it though.

That could be about it. I'm taking as much downtime as I can these days. I'm not looking to do anything extra, and I'm cutting back wherever I can. It's good to just spend some time catching up on things rather than just trying to keep up with everything.

This weekend will be a pretty busy one though. The swing dance event 'Bal on the River' is going to be hosted here in Brisbane this weekend, and I'm hosting a girl called Anna, who I met down in Canberra because we were being hosted by the same guy. I've bought craploads of chocolate covered peanuts (which we lived off when we were staying at Dean's in Canberra), so hopefully it'll be enough for the weekend. Plus the chocolate fudge icecream, doritos, crackers, alcohol, and all sorts of other goodies.

Unfortunately still no time for a proper blog (I'd be doing some serious bitching and moaning about the UQ IT helpdesk support today, let me tell you), but here's some photos that I updated on my flickr: Never Mind the Sex, Where's the Chocolate. The title is pretty self explanatory when you see the photos.

ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home