getting it on

..records of excitement and mundanity.. - politics - news - religion - sport - work - friends - family - stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Sunday, September 23, 2007

onwards

My goal for this month is to be "good". As in be healthy, be responsible, go to the gym, look after myself, go dancing again. I miss doing all that sort of stuff. I feel free at the moment. Today was the AGM of the jazz club, and I am no longer on the committee. I no longer have to duty manage. I no longer have to sit through meetings not knowing what's going on. I no longer have to deal with writing emails to the committee knowing that certain people don't really care what you have to say. Although the last point isn't true. I was never really confident in what I was saying because I never really knew what was going on. I truly valued my time on the committee and I'm so glad I got to spend time with the people involved in the jazz club because they were all such wonderful people. I also met some wonderful musicians who I know that I'll continue to be on good terms with whenever I see them in the future.

I'm going to start dancing more again. Last night I went to a social held down the coast and did a bit of dj'ing and dancing, and really enjoyed myself. More so than I probably expected, but it was really made by an old friend of mine, Jaymee, coming up from Lismore to dance. He'd been away in London for about two years, and I first met him at the Munich Lindy Exchange in 2005 where Duncan, Scottie, Dan, Jaymee and I went wild and pretty much took over the exchange. It was a really great exchange and a really memorable time of my life. There's plans of us all getting together again for a little thing in Melbourne for MLX 07 come the end of November. That will truly kick ass (get it? The slogan for MLX 07 is the "kick ass exchange"... anyway...). The only thing I'm bummed about is that I only just realised that MLX is on the same weekend as Oz Manouche. I love Oz Manouche so I'm totally bummed!

Oz Manouche is an annual event held in Brisbane (the first one was last year), held at the Brisbane Jazz Club and is a festival totally dedicated to Hot Jazz/Gypsy Jazz/Manouche (all synonyms for the same thing). Ewan McKenzie, the band leader of Mystery Pacific is the organiser behind the event, and an all-round nice guy. I stumbled across Oz Manouche by accident last year because I had some duty manager shift for the event, but it turned out to be the most fortunate coincidence, serendipitous even, because I enjoyed it so much. So very bummed that I can't attend it this year.

Uni I guess is going alright. Not great. Only alright. I will really need to do well I think to get my 85% in the finals, and as it stands I'm not feeling really confident. I'm more likely to get the 85% for the accounting though, just because accounting at this level really is a piece of piss, but you never know. There's always traps.

On a very sad note, I'm currently downloading Final Fantasy IX for a Playstation emulator on my computer. Why I'm doing this I'm not sure. Do I really want to start playing role playing games? No. Do I really have the time to be doing such time wasteful activities? No. Do I get far too engrossed in these games and lose all contact with the outside world? Yes. Why am I doing it? Again, I'm not sure. I think it was after I decided that I wouldn't be going out every Friday anymore and I had a brief panic attack, thinking, "what am I going to do??". I of course could do a million things, and have since realised this, but am still downloading it. We'll see what becomes of me...

Anyway, always onwards and upwards. I've had a back problem of late and some friends of mine recommended I see an osteopath. I was just going to see a chiropractor, but apparently an osteopath is better because they'll be able to tell me what I've been doing wrong for my back to be in this shape, rather than just fix it and wait for it to get buggered up again. I'll have to organise that asap if I want to start dance practice again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home